Friday, August 21, 2009

Road Trip Part 2

I'm currently hiding from the boys after a long day of potty training. Mostly "Let's try to pee. NOOOOOOO. Let's at least sit on the potty. NOOOOOOO." You get my drift.

Now I have help. Patrick has arrived to make sure I don't get too much done, but I'll try to persevere and get up some more pics of our trip.


The second day in Durango, we drove back about 45 minutes to the entrance to Mesa Verde National Park. It is one of the largest Indian cliff dwellings ever discovered. Too bad it was another 20 miles back a little twisty turny up and down road, which explains Patrick's rather low opinion of the trip.
Once we got to the largest of the ruins (and the most accessible), it was really neat. I was amazed at how much was still intact. I expected foundations, but there were numerous large adobe walls still intact.

Christopher and Daddy ventured down into a kiva whose roof had been reconstructed. Mommy and Patrick stayed topside.

Patrick finally started earning his keep grinding corn for tortillas.

My two giant handsome boys together. Not sure why they aren't looking at the camera, but oh well.

Christopher decided to do a little trailblazing on the way out of the canyon.

The natives are getting restless, so I'll try to put up a few more later.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am just chomping at the bit to see these two giant boys! (and Paul loves the ah-pleen on Patrick's shirt)

    ReplyDelete